We want to be above reproach so we will reflect well upon the Lord, we will reflect well upon our group, we will reflect well upon our families, and we will represent homeschooling well so the host will invite homeschoolers back!
- Please remember that signing up for a field trip is a commitment that affects other people. Please be considerate, and honor your commitments. If a parent makes a reservation and then discovers they cannot attend the field trip, they are to call the contact person immediately. If the parent cancels after the reservation cut-off date, they should still expect to pay any fees involved for the field trip.
- On the date of the field trip, please arrive 10-15 minutes before the start of the field trip, as others may be waiting on you, and it reflects negatively on our group if we are late.
- Anytime there is a speaker at a field trip, etc. the children are to be quiet and listen. Parents, please save fellowship with each other for afterwards – don’t miss teachable moments with your children.
- Listen to the rules of the location and follow them precisely. Make sure your children are following the rules. Students should stay with the group or parent (parents—please pay attention to your children). We hope that when we leave, the docents will be happy we came.
- If you have a child that is disrupting the group, please quietly remove the child from the group until he/she is able to return. If you have additional children please have someone else in the group keep an eye on your other children.
- Please be sure to check your email before you leave your house to be sure that there have been no last minute changes in our field trip plans due to weather or other extenuating circumstances.
- Say please and thank you to the docent and any other people that helped you during the tour. Being polite will set a pleasant tone and leave a good impression. Please also thank the field trip organizer.